Skip to main content

I want to be a couch potato

Looks like I can have a J- and K-drama fest right here in my living room, but sigh... sigh... sigh... I just do not have the time to watch anything yet. Too many other things to do.

Right now, I have here, kindly loaned to me by friend and relative, Love Revolution (2000 J serial, 8 episodes), Joyful Girl's Success Story (2002 K serial, 16 episodes) and Love Story in Harvard (2004 K serial, don't know how many episodes).

I also recently bought Shall We Dance, the original J movie on which the Richard Gere-J.Lo one was based.

On top of that, I was thinking of going on to Box 2 of Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre, the 1986 version (my favourite) starring a dashing young Tony Leung Chiu Wai (then only 24 years old) as the reluctant hero, Cheung Mo Kei. After one year, I finally finished Box 1, consisting of 12 discs with 2 episodes each. At the end of Box 1, Mongolian Princess Chiu Man, if you know the story, has not even appeared yet!

I guess all these others will now take me a year or two to finish watching. And Pikachu, to whom I have unloaded Box 1 of Heaven Sword, will just have to wait forever for Box 2... hee hee...

Yikes, there's something wrong with my computer. I've actually had pictures for the last couple of posts but have been unable to post them. Keep getting the 'a pop-up has been blocked' message, even though I checked my pop-up blocker and blogger.com is still enabled. Sigh again...

Anyway, wanted to put a picture of Tony Leung and Sheren Tang (last seen in War and Beauty) here. Too bad, can't do it. I've always preferred Chi Yeuk (Sheren's character) to Chiu Man (the Mongolian princess). Don't know why, but I just get irritated with Chiu Man and I think that actually Chi Yeuk deserved Mo Kei (Tony's character) more. And it was all his fault that she became 'evil' along the way. Oh well, that's the story...

Comments

Anonymous said…
hi

i enjoyed Shall We Dance.....just love Richard Gere's face.
Anonymous said…
Hi Working Mum
I've not watched that show, though I also think Richard Gere looks good. He and Harrison Ford are the best!

Anyway, I shall tell you about the J version when I get round to watching it. Hee hee...
Anonymous said…
I am doing 4/ 5 episodes of Sam Soon every afternoon. You have created another couch potato here and the number is increasing in geometric progession. (Trying to influence some other stay-home new mums to watch k too.) Anyway I have another few episodes to go. =P (Can I borrow 'Shall We Dance' after you are done?)
Anonymous said…
Ha ha ha... you all can borrow ANYTHING you want since I've no time to start watching them.

Was listening to the J/K Pop radio station yesterday and they were playing songs from 'Winter Sonata'. Wasn't that the show that started this K craze? Didn't like the show but the songs are nice.

So do you like Sam Soon? The story gets better with each episode ;-)

Popular posts from this blog

True train school

‘Having eyes, but not seeing beauty; having ears, but not hearing music; having minds, but not perceiving truth; having hearts that are never moved and therefore never set on fire. These are the things to fear, said the headmaster.’ How would you like to have such a headmaster? I finally re-read (read it first as a teenager) Totto-chan, The Little Girl at the Window , a ‘school story’ by Tetsuko Kuroyanagi, translated by Dorothy Britton. Totto-chan is the name Tesuko Kuroyanagi called herself, and the book is about her life during her school days at Tomoe Gakuen. Totto-chan was expelled from her first elementary school because of her ‘disruptive’ behaviour, which included constantly opening and closing her desk top (because she was so thrilled by it), ‘vandalising’ her desk (because there wasn’t enough space on the piece of paper to draw) and standing by the classroom window waiting for street musicians to pass by or talking to swallows. Her mother, although probably alarmed about the

A lesson in love

I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world. -Mother Teresa Most of the time my eyes just glaze over when I see article upon article of football news. One caught my glazing eye over the weekend, though - 'De la Cruz - Mother Theresa in boots' , because of the familiar name. Mother Teresa, that is. It was the first time I’d ever heard of this de la Cruz guy, an EPL player who hails from Ecuador (GNI per capita US$2,630; as a comparison, Singapore’s is US$27, 490 – source: BBC country profiles ). His is a great story to illustrate that famous Chinese saying about not forgetting your roots. According to the article, ‘Each month a proportion of that salary (about S$150,000) Reading pay him - be it 10 per cent in January or 20 per cent in February - goes direct to the village’ (where he grew up). (Picture and profile from here ) Here's what he has been credited for: 1. 'The 2002 World Cup,' de la Cruz reflects, 'finan

No wonder

According to a poll of about 300 people, reported in yesterday's Sunday Times, (how come nobody ever asks me these things?) , the Seven Wonders of Singapore are (in order of merit): 1. The Esplanade (a whopping 82 votes) 2. Changi Airport (53 votes) 3. Sentosa 4. The Merlion 5. The Singapore River 6. Food 7. Mount Faber and LKY (tie - 10 votes each) Some 'offbeat choices' which didn't make it to the top 7: aunties selling tissue paper at coffee shops, Singlish, kiasuism, 4D-Toto outlets and Newater (said someone of Newater: 'We are probably the only country with branded recycled sewage.' Well said, ha ha.). Maybe it's a personal bias but I feel that a 'Wonder' must also have strong historical and cultural/social value (so I'm rather miffed that Angkor Wat didn't make it to the 7 Wonders of the World; in fact it was never in the running for the top 7). Therefore, these choices are a little too modern for me. The Esplanade, for example, is a